Sunday, October 24, 2004

Chuck Wagon Casserole (update)

Alrighty then, I fixed the casserole and it was ok, but there are some changes to be made.

Here are the changes I will make next time.

1 1/2 to 2 pounds of beef

Black olives - instead of green

2 green bell peppers - instead of 1

I couldn't find Italian plum tomatoes at the store - so I used Italian stewed tomatoes.

This part needs more research on my part, I didn't like the taste of the stewed tomatoes, too much of a twang.

There needs to be some kind of crust at the bottom.

Crackers or Tortilla chips or something.

Maybe a different mix of beans - light kidney and maybe chili beans

More Worcestershire sauce - maybe 3 Tbls

I used mild cheddar and this was ok but maybe a mix - maybe Cheddar and Colby.

Any way this recipe needs a little work, I think it will be a good one once it is nailed down a little better.

I will let you know how the next one turns out. Or maybe you have some ideas, the object is to stay as close to the recipe ingredients as possible, if you have any ideas let me know.

About time to dust of my chili recipe, I will post that recipe as well fairly soon.

Macdaddy






No comments: