Sunday, March 24, 2013

I was planning to do something today... but I haven't finished doing nothing from yesterday yet.

The first day of Spring? I think not...

The weather around here, in a word, is not Spring like. Far from it is what I say. Snow has been forecast for the next three days. Now...around here that can be hit or miss. More miss than hit...

But, needless to say it is still cold and rain abounds in our neck of the woods. I did some Spring cleaning outside yesterday and my back paid the price last night. Today, it feels better but I must realize that I can't do things that I use to. True, I'm only 55 but I am no spring chicken anymore.

My mind says yes but my body says no. And I think my body won that round hands down. Or should I say Back Down! Ouch...Holy Mother of...

Pain is not my friend. I had a bone spur in my right heel that gave me fits for weeks. Two shots and a few choice cuss words later it seems to be behaving. But my back has been injured  before and it reminds me of my age and my durability of doing things has long past its prime.

My mind, on the other hand, says get it done. My back says screw you and the horse you rode in on.

So...I will get done what I can to please my mind and my back so that my house won't look like Trailer Trash Charlie's Emporiums. That will keep me happy, my mind happy, my wife happy and my neighbors happy and my back from going on strike for the next six months...

B.D.  

No comments: