Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekend Report...



I found some Stubb's charcoal at Lowe's last week and bought a few bags to try it out. What caught my eye was it said it had a vegetable binder instead of all the nasty stuff that usually holds a charcoal briquette together. As most of you know, Kingsford is the top dog around here.



If you just want to grill, just about any ole charcoal will get the job done. But I like a consistent product...

Kingsford will not burn the same every single time. No matter if you use a charcoal chimney starter or not. (which I do)

I've used the Stubb's twice now, started the same way and cooked the same way. I think it cooks great. It all burns even and longer than Kingsford does and just a little bit hotter too. This means you can us less and get the same results.

Now there have been a few charcoal brands I like and I would go back to them if I could find them, but the case (or the luck) has been "we're sorry we don't carry that anymore..."

I'm sure that will be the case with Stubb's. I hope not...because I would really like to use it in the pit. (Big Momma)

If you pick up a bag, let me know what you think. It is a little pricey, but I always say, you get what you pay for...if the price is cheap odds are it ain't worth a crap.

I'm going to smoke some beef short ribs this afternoon and make homemade Pinto beans to go along.

Make a Rabbit want to smack a Dog!!!

Uh...yeah...something like that...

B.D.

No comments: