Thursday, November 03, 2005

Recipes

Henry has sent me some recipes that are sure to please the palate of some of my readers.

I'll post some of them as soon as I can.

I was looking at recipes (not Henry's) and came across a BBQ sauce recipe that called for...

...Buttermilk?

(That caught my attention rather quickly.)

Buttermilk? In BBQ sauce?

I like to use buttermilk for cornbread... but in BBQ sauce?

Nah...don't think so...
I'm Southern...but I ain't THAT Southern.

Must be a Texas thing.......... (G)


Anyway...
Here are a few recipes to ponder.

Enjoy!!!
B.D.


Barbecue Sauce (Batch # 145)

1/2 lb. Butter
1/2 - 2/3 bottle Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup prepared mustard
5-6 dashes Tabasco
Salt to taste
3-4 lemons for fresh lemon juice
1 (14oz.) bottle catsup, rinse bottle with ½ cup cider

Stir slowly over low heat adding one ingredient at a time
Makes 4 cups


Pork Tenderloin with Jezebel Sauce

1-1 lb pork tenderloin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1-10oz jar Orange Marmalade
1 small jar Creole Mustard (any spicy mustard can be substituted)
1-10oz jar Apple jelly
1 small jar Horseradish


For Jezebel Sauce combine orange marmalade, creole mustard, apple jelly, horseradish,and salt and pepper to taste.

Stir mixture. Put some aside for basting.

Next, slice tenderloin lenghtwise and butterfly.
Flatten with a meat mallet to about 3/4 inch thickness.
Combine salt, pepper, paprika. Sprinkle Worcestershire on meat, if desired.

Finally, rub dry mixture into meat and grill over medium fire about 10 minutes on each side.
Baste with some Jezebel Sauce.

Serve with remaining Jezebel sauce if desired.

No comments: