Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hot Jalapeno Crab Dip

On 10-15-05 I posted a recipe for Hot Crabmeat Spread.
I made the comment that I would lose the almonds.

And I also made this comment...

"but then........they may accentuate the melding of flavors and be a critical step in the process of sucking up to the upper echelons of the social society of Champagne drinkers and pinky extending lovely people."

(Seems I may have ruffled a few feathers.)

"I"... would still lose the almonds...

For "I"... am not a member of the social society of Champagne drinkers...
(or the social society of wine drinkers, for that matter)

"I"...belong to the social society of "Beer Drinkers."
... and I'm the "Team Captain."

Julie has a Tee-shirt saying "Real Women drink Beer."
That's my babe...

So... as Team Captain for the social society of "Beer Drinkers", it was my job to find a crabmeat spread for..."us."

And here it is..."Fellow Beer Buddies."

Enjoy!!!
B.D.


Hot Jalapeno Crab Dip

Makes 6 servings.
1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
½ cup chopped pickled jalapenos
¼ pound Monterey Jack cheese with jalapenos, grated
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon red cayenne hot sauce
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup mayonnaise
2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
Toasted crackers

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the crabmeat, garlic, jalapenos, Monterey Jack, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and mayonnaise in a medium-size bowl.

Toss gently to mix. Spoon the mixture into a medium-size shallow baking dish.
Sprinkle the cheese evenly on the top of the crabmeat mixture.

Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before serving with the crackers.

No comments: