Sunday, May 21, 2006

Back Home...

I'm back home and it is great to be back.
I missed my family so much you'll never know. And I missed you, my readers as well.

First off...

Let me say thanks to Carey & Dave for letting me become a part of the team "Peg Leg Porkers."

And let me say thanks to Steve for taking me under his wing and teaching me about fire management and temperatures. And thanks to John who became an instant friend when we first met.

It has been a long week, but for the experience to compete in the BBQ cook off and meet new people and make new friends...it was well worth it.

As a team, we came in 27th over all, out of 65 to 68 teams that turned in shoulders... Not bad.

One of our team members placed 3rd in the "People's Choice Award." Evan Lobel of Lobel's butcher shop in New York won that prize, so a big congratulations goes out to him for that award.

I will tell you I have a healthy respect for these guys, this was very, very hard work, with many long hours put into this effort.

Was it worth my time? You're damn skippy it was... Thanks Carey, Dave, Steve, and John.

I will be back next year with you guys, and we will kick some BUTT...

Oh...by the way, the 'Q was awsome.

I'll post some pictures soon.

B.D.

No comments: