Sunday, July 02, 2006

Weekend Report

Today I'm on R&R.

I did two 9 lb. picnic pork shoulders yesterday for about 10 hrs. for some lip smackin' pulled pork. My brother-in-law did ribs and we had potato salad, smoked baked beans (compliments of yours truly), corn pones, slaw and a few other things here and there.

I made this comment in a post below:

' Whatever happens it will be a great "4th of July" pre-holiday party at the pool with all the family. I did invite "BD's girls" to come over, but one doesn't want to run around the pool half naked tantalizing me by bending over the cooler to retrieve another cold one as I sweat over a hot smoker cooking my little heart out enjoying the view.'

To some, this comment may sound sexist... that would be only to people that don't know me.


You see, "BD's girls" and I always have a running beer joke going on all the time. And we are always talking about the kinky stuff. Now everybody that knows me knows, that if I am going to look at another 'Butt' besides my wife's, it is going to be a 'Butt' in the smoker, (in this case two shoulders.)

So as to the closing statement above "enjoying the view" what it means is, I pay attention to what I'm cooking. Now if you do happen to bend over in front of me to retrieve a cold one, it better be for me, or else, get out of my cooler!

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

B.D.

No comments: