Tuesday, April 24, 2007

And we have lift off...




I did a test run on the wings again today and they turned out great...
Julie said the sauce was a little hot, but that's the point...Hot wings.

The first test run sucked...this time was much better. I banked the coals to the sides of the grill with a water pan in the middle, worked out great.

On this deal with charcoal, I'm cooking blind, as meaning, I have no idea what the temperature is. I'm only going by looks. I cooked the wings for 50 mins. and let them rest for 10 mins. before adding the sauce. I added a little pecan wood for smoke...it was killer...

I'll do 2 or 3 more test runs before leaving for Memphis in May. For Julie...I have to back off the hot stuff, they will be only semi-thermonuclear next time.

"Dang honey..."

Oh well...at least she let's me experiment on her from time to time.

If only she would let me play doctor...

B.D.

No comments: