Saturday, February 27, 2010

This & That...



It's still cold and windy around here. I have a hairline fracture in a rib that was fractured in a car wreck 30 years ago. That fall on the ice was hard enough to re-fracture it.

So to say that I am in a little pain is an understatement...

I hope this does not last all spring and summer because I really have a lot to do this year.

Hey B.D. just come up off some of them there George Washington's you got and pay somebody to do it.

To be honest...I may have to do that. I remember the last time I had fractured ribs. It took a long...long time to get over that. Almost two years...

And you have to be very careful because you get to feeling better and you re-injure it again...only worse...and you start the healing process all over again.

Been there...done that. You can keep that Tee shirt.

So just hang with me if I don't post a lot here for awhile. It's hard to find a comfortable spot to sit for very long, much less do any thing else.

I'm eating standing up (most of the time)
I'm sleeping on the couch sitting up
I'm trying not to cough or sneeze (but not having much luck)
No twisting or turning or bending or lifting
No playing house or doctor
No long road trips

And this will last awhile.

So I guess there will be no cooking or judging contest for me again this year as well. That makes three years of missed opportunities.

I know for sure my bowling career is now over with. Don't know what will be next on the list of "No Can Do That No More"

I guess I'll just take it day by day and wait and see.

B.D.

1 comment:

WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Oh man. That sucks. Heal yourself buddy!