Saturday, November 06, 2010

Weekend Report...



Yep, it's that time of year again...

Time for the chili pot to come out and fill the house with the aroma of smells from cooking on the stove top because the weather has grown cold outside. Does this mean cooking outdoors is over this season?

No...

It ain't that cold yet.

But still, it is just around the corner. You know, when you don't fix something after a period of time, your memory is not what it used to be. In my case, I forgot what went into my chili.

Yes...I brain farted.

I had to go back and look up my own recipe that I have made for years. I guess that's why we lowly creatures must write everything down or it will be forgotten forever.

We, the smartest of the food chain, can't rely on our own brains to remember things.

Is that why we write down history?
Is that why we keep records?
Is that why man invented pen, pencil and paper?

I tend to say yes to all three...

We trust many things, but we can't trust our own brains to remember anything. Like myself, I couldn't remember what my own recipe was that I have made a thousand times.

Too many beers and too many years.

Oh well, at least I was smart enough to write it down...

B.D.

2 comments:

WhiteTrashBBQ said...

You're smarter than I am. I never write down recipes. I have to start.

Alexia said...

Good stuff here. I've been enjoying what I've been reading!