Sunday, November 07, 2010

Weekend Report...part II



I believe we are OK now here at the Grill. There are still a few bugs to be worked out, but we are (as they use to say on the CB radio) Wall to Wall and Tree Top Tall.

That means: "I hear you loud and clear" in trucker lingo...

I do want to say "Thank you" to all of you that stick with us when we have trouble, or have not posted anything in a while. I'm no rocket scientist when it comes to computers. I'm a dinosaur in a world that has passed me by...

I can figure things out, and it takes time because I don't understand all the lingo. It's like Spanish, I know a few words but I will never know the full language. Same with computers. I know just enough to be dangerous...

To the computer...not to myself.

Now this blog, I did pretty much on my own. Blogger provided the template and I did the rest because I learned how to read and write some code for HTML. But things have progressed way beyond that these days...

iphones and ipads and ihops and iwill and iaint's...you get the picture.

I need help sometimes...

Now, I ain't one of those guys that is too proud to ask for help when need be. Nor am I one of those guys that points fingers at someone else when I screw something up.

I'll ask for help and take full blame. But this old dinosaur does know a few things.

I'm grateful for my readers...

That keep coming back everyday, to check up on me and leave comments and laugh along with me, or cry with me. Readers, that don't mind if this ole country boy makes spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes because you see...

This dinosaur ain't perfect...



Technology has passed this ole boy by. But it's you...that makes me come back everyday and tell a story, or get you to laugh for awhile, or think for a minute...What the?

That's me...not the computer.

So...

I believe we're OK now, after some setbacks and a few choice French words (that I do understand) from Julie, our new home computer is plugged and primed and ready to go.

Mr. Sulu take the helm...stand by Warp Engines Mr. Scott...

B.D.

No comments: