Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend Report...



Ever feel like you're lucky? Or feel like God, really is taking care of you?

Yes, I believe in God.

I believe God still looks out after drunks and fools.

And that he really looks out for us fool drunks that have our hearts in the right place.

Lucky? Well, yes...

Believe me...me and God have had our fair share of problems and knockdown drag outs. But, he's still there for me.

Now, I'm sure you're saying: Okay, where is this leading?

Well like I said, do you ever feel lucky? I backed our Tahoe out of the garage (which had been driven all week) and turned it off while I went about my biz. When it was time to ride...

...it was deader than a doornail. I'm like: What the...?

Anyway, long story short...the battery had crapped out. Now, it was a good thing it died in the driveway and not on the road or a parking lot because I would have been pissed and it would have been junked.

And if Julie had of been out some where like they were in Birmingham last week.

My motto: You make me walk, your muffler is toast.

The Tahoe is a 2008 so the battery was not that old. But that accounts for nada...

I've had OEM batteries last 10 years. And some only last 2 years. I've had OEM tires last 65,000 miles and some only 25,000. So, it doesn't matter if the car is new or old. Sometimes you get your moneys worth...

...and sometimes you don't. This battery cost $154.

Now, what has this got to do with God?

He knew I'd be pissed and use more than a few choice French words. And, I'd throw his and his sons name in there as well...

...so he just said: Don't let it start. He'll cuss a little, but he won't have to walk and he'll figure it out.

Thanks Big Guy...

B.D.

No comments: