Monday, October 31, 2005

Steaks and Such

A steak purist will tell you... all a steak needs is salt & pepper...
Sear that bad boy with high heat, slap'er on a plate and you're done.

Now...I use to be like this ( yes, I was ) but in my many years of grilling...
I learned a thing or three.


One- I 'm at home... not in a restaurant.
Two- There's no need to hurry, I can sit back and enjoy the beer.
Three- I like to cook slow, savor the moment, catch my breath,
and relax.

I learned to use a thermometer and stopped guessing.


Today, with the mix of seasoning I use...
I could turn any purist into a follower.
I should know...

I did it too, myself, years ago.

And there is nothing wrong with just plain salt & pepper.
The choices today are endless...

So here's one you can try sometime.

But, if you want a real steak...
...just come to my grill.

I'll fix you up right... and you'll never want a restaurant steak again...trust me.


Enjoy!!!
B.D.


Peppery-Garlic Grilled Steaks

4 Garlic cloves
2 Tbs. fresh Lemon juice
2 Tbs. Olive oil
1 Tbs. dried Thyme
2 1/2 tsp. freshly ground Black Pepper
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground Red Pepper
4 ( 6 to 8 oz.) Chuck-eye Steaks

Process garlic cloves, lemon juice, and next 5 ingredients in a blender or processor until smooth.

Scrapping down sides.

Rub garlic mixture evenly over steaks and place in a zip-lock bag.
Seal and chill for 2 hrs.

Pre-heat grill.

Grill over high heat until desired degree of doneness.

No comments: