Monday, May 12, 2008

This & That...

It's time for the Memphis in May BBQ cook off, but sadly, it will be done without me as I am no longer a part of that team since I have decided to go my own way.

But even sadder is the fact that Carey caught the cooker on fire and completely destroyed the inside of it (because of a grease fire).

That cooker is toast...



I hate that for the guys.

That was Carey's baby and many, many, pounds of barbecue was done on that cooker. I worked her for two years and began to know her well...

Pat, is going to take his rig down. Last I saw they were still working on it.



I wish the guys the best of luck. I was extremely pissed when I walked away from the team after Opryland, but life goes on and I do wish the guys good luck and I hope they do well.

As for me, I won't do any competitions or judging this year because work just won't allow it to happen. Next year will allow time however and we will be ready. I'm doing some test cooks on the pit (to get use to it) when the weather will allow it and so far, I like what's coming off of it.



Hope everybody had a wonderful Moms day yesterday.
Here...it was windy as all get out...like Popeye would say.

Well blow me down...

It almost did...

B.D.

No comments: