Sunday, May 04, 2008

Weekend Report (part II)

I made this last week...

This is a recipe for Wayne's Beef Macaroni and Cheese (whoever Wayne is) given by Paula Deen. I watch her show from time to time and the boys started doing this one.

Julie, started talking to me about something at the same time, so I was kind of distracted away from the recipe.

She thought it looked good and found it for me to try out since she felt that the Pork Chop Bake Casserole was not up to snuff...



So, I said OK after hesitating a moment, (why hesitate you ask?) we did a recipe before from them and it sucked, even after many tries to fix it, I gave up on it.



I'll always give you a second chance...but you will never get a third. We all have our off days...maybe the Food Network didn't copy it down right or something, I gave up.

But this recipe worked...it could use a little tweak (here and there) but it worked. It also took me almost a week to eat the rest of it because it makes a lot...

Wayne's Beef Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients:
1 lb box elbow macaroni
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 lb lean ground beef
3 cup canned crushed tomatoes
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon each dried basil, cumin, and dried oregano
2-3 cup grated cheddar cheese

Directions:
Cook the macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. Heat the oil in a skillet; add the peppers, onion, and garlic, and saute until soft. Add the ground beef and saute until browned. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, and the basil, cumin, and oregano.

In a large bowl, (and they do mean LARGE) combine the macaroni and the beef mixture.

Spread this mixture into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top with the cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.

Cook's Note: Ground turkey or chicken can be used in place of beef, if desired.

Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes


Speaking of food...




We went (Julie & myself) to Friday's last night because we had not been out in awhile and for the money I spent, I was not impressed. It made me want to have my own place and show people what real food is. And the price of beer...well, let's just say Friday's is not what it use to be...


Maybe next time, for that kind of money we'll go to...



They always have good food and affordable beer and we have never had a bad meal or bad service there. You know, if you're going to charge in the higher dollar end of the scale, then your stuff better be worth it.

Friday's today is nothing like Friday's of the past...

Sorry guys...you won't get a second chance.

Not for that price...

B.D.

No comments: