Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Simply Tuesday...



WhiteTrashBBQ used my rub in competition on pulled pork and took 9th place...

This is an honor to me...but the credit goes out to these guys that cooked all night long.

Competition is very hard...you love to cook and you do the best that you can and hope your stuff is good enough to win. Barbecue competitors are some of the greatest folks in the world.

Husband and wife teams, good friends, buddies and beer drinkers.



It's all about fun and food...

I will say, I learned a lot being a fire tender for Peg Leg Porkers. But I evolved in my barbecue cooking and decided I could do better on my own. I will always be grateful for that time spent with the guys...

You must love barbecue to be in competition. It is a lot of hard work.

But love...comes easy when it comes to barbecue...

Low and slow...

Two simple words...just like...
I love you...(well...OK ,that's three words...)

Just like...I love beer...
(OK, that's three words too...)

You know what I mean...

Smell the smoke...

(Dang, that's three words too...)

B.D.

1 comment:

WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Hey BD -
How do I get more of that rub?
WTBBQ