Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend Report...

Got enough of a break from the rain yesterday to fire up the motorized billy goat and cut the grass.

And it's a dang good thing I did because that afternoon around 5 o'clock, here comes Sister Rain crying her eyes out again.



I've lived here long enough to know, if it has rained all week and your grass is ankle deep and it quits raining for a period of time...you'd best jump on that billy goat and get it done, because chances are, there's some more rain coming...

Most folks will say "I'll wait till it dries out." I know...I used to be one.

But the older you get the smarter you get. Go ahead and wait for it to dry out...I'll drink one for you as you cuss and swear you'll never do that again...until the next rain...

Grass growing season is about over with down here. It will soon be time for the outdoor carpet to take a nap and rest up for next Spring.

That's the sad part...Fall will soon be here.

We have had enough rain this year and the colors of the trees should be beautiful and full this fall, but everybody knows what comes next.

Winter...

I know...I know...

Fall ain't even got here yet and I'm already thinking about winter and that cold wind and cold rain and snow and not being a Polar Bear and cussing about having to grill in sub-zero weather saying "that's why God made man smart enough to invent chili" and wishing it was Spring...

It's like going to the Doctor, you know you're going to get a shot.

I know it's fixing to get cold. And readers that know me, know I don't hate too many things, but these two, top the list.

Shot
Cold

The only way these two will redeem themselves is to combine and become...Cold Shot.



I'm down with that...

B.D.

No comments: