Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Simply Tuesday...



I fired up the pit Sunday and cooked ribs, leg quarters, chicken breast, beef short ribs and beans. The breast were a little over cooked at 170 so next time I'll pull them off at 160.

Everything else was great. Although, I haven't had much of a appetite here lately. I don't know if it's the ungodly heat we have had (and still have) or what...

As you know, we got buckets full of rain early in the year and then the well ran dry and somebody turned the oven on broil. I've done a few things outside but not near everything I want or need to get done.

So I moved inside to do a few things. Heat stroke and heat exhaustion and very real problems down here in the South. Especially for folks my age and for younger folks as well.

You can be overcome in a matter of minutes working outside if you don't watch out for the warning signs.

I've had heat exhaustion a few times in my life and now with having high blood pressure and heart problems I must really be careful.

I could have a stroke because of my high pulse rate or have a heart attack. And this heat...is not helping because I can become dizzy in a flash.

...Yes, I drink plenty of water and cut way back on the libations. But this heat is like being in Death Valley. And that's what the grass looks like right now.

Deader than a cracker left in the oven on broil...

...it's toast.

B.D.

1 comment:

WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Hey dude. Just talking with the Hampton Smoker about your rubs and sauce. Did you ever send me some? If you did, it never made it to Brooklyn.

As for you rub, I need to buys some more. I've run out and got a comp coming up in August.

Thanks,
Robert