Saturday, August 28, 2010

This & That...



Yeah I know, I'm not posting regularly like I use to.

As most of you know, I'm working my butt off right now. Have been most of the summer. This will continue for all of the month of September and maybe into October as well.

At least it's not a 100 degrees everyday anymore. Thank God for that...

Then, maybe we get to go back to 8 hour shifts. Why are we working so much in an economy that sucks?

One word...Management Stupidity.

B.D. that's two words?!

No Jethro, that's one LONG word, trust me...


So on my days off, I've got a backlog of things to do. Like yesterday...get something fixed on the truck, stay at a bank for 2 hrs. to take care of something that should have only taken 20 minutes at the most. Come home, cut grass...

Things like that. I'm headed outside after this post to pull weeds out of the landscaping. The up lights on the outside have stopped working. I bought the stuff to fix it awhile back...it's on the list.

Then, wanting to cook something. There is a contest going on this weekend that I was in 3 years ago with another team. The team captain pissed me off enough that year, I started my own team.



I have yet to enter a contest under this flagship banner. But I do want to enter this contest and do some major butt kicking to this former team.

But work and time have not been on my side these last couple of years.

Sure, I could hire someone to do all my outside work and have plenty of time. But that's just one more bill I don't need. I have enough bills now...

So, I'll just trudge on in my misery. Get done what I can, when I can.

And maybe some day...

B.D.

No comments: