Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Prepping the meat

You are ready to cook, now what?

Steaks, chicken, burgers, ribs, pork loin, pork chops, grilled cheese.

Well lets talk about seasonings.

I like to use a combo of things.

My primary seasoning is Morton Nature's Seasons seasoning blend.
I mix a little extra garlic powder and Spice Islands fine grind black pepper into the mix.

(this is a great mix)

I use this on all my meats.

As far as salt goes I use Sea salt.

I use Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce to marinade my steaks in.

I have a fine collection of hot sauces, and many other spices.

I make my own barbecue sauce (a recipe I will share)

I like my things HOT, but I have to tone things down for my wife.
(I love her all the same in spite of this).

But you choose what you like.

Not because I say I do this or I add that.

You have your own taste.

I'm just telling you what I use. (You can go from there).

Seasoning is very important to meat and vegetables.
They can make or break your reputation for great cooking real quick.



You must be careful and pay attention to what you are doing,
(many years of trial and error on my part)

so choose your spices wisely.

More later.

Macdaddy

No comments: