Thursday, May 20, 2004

So do I need a grill or a smoker?

Do you need a grill or a smoker.

Are you going to cook steaks all the time?

(invite me to your house PLEASE)

Or hamburgers? Or ribs or chicken?

What is a smoker?
A smoker cooks at a much lower temp. than a grill.

A smoker cooks at 225 to 250 degrees.
(this is the temp. that you want to hold it at)

There are off set smokers (the fire box is off to the side)
They can range from semi trailer size to backyard size, so what is the best smoker?

The debate on this question will live on forever, but what I have learned is the WSM ( Weber Smokey Mountain) is the preferred smoker for the back yard BBQ'er and it is also used in competition cooking (with great results)(which I don't do)

To grill or to smoke? Both are great.

But you must figure out your needs.
What do you want to do?

I do both, and love every minute of it, grill or smoke, as long as the food is great, my wife is happy, I'm happy, and everybody I feed is happy.

You can't ask for anything better than that (and the beer is cold)

Just look before you spend your hard earned money and don't fall for all the bells and pretty extras that come with them.

Ok so you have made your choice.

Lets prep that bad boy and get ready to do some cooking. I can smell it aready. (I love it)

Macdaddy

No comments: