Sunday, July 10, 2005

Ribs and Such

The ribs turned out ok, I didn't foil wrap them this time just to see what would happen.

The rub was good and the bbq sauce was good (just right on both)

I used a half & half mixture of water & apple juice in the water pan, which worked out well.

Still used pecan wood chunks for smoke, about an hour and 20 mins.
Over all they were good, but not my best effort...


I think I'm going to put a digital in the door to get a better temperature reading next time.

The smoker may have been hotter than normal.

And I'll go back to foiling toward the end.


I'll let you know...
as my exploits into the world of "Remembering what I did the last time."

And writing my new book "Boy am I out of practice" continue... (G)




Meanwhile here is a recipe for Pork that can be used for just about anything.

Enjoy!!!
Bigdaddy




Shredded Savory Pork


Ingredients
2-pound bone-less pork blade roast
2 large onions, quartered
3 fresh jalapeno peppers, cut up
8 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper


Directions
1. Trim fat from meat. Place roast in a large saucepan or pot; add enough water to nearly cover. Stir in onions, cut-up jalapeno peppers, garlic, ground coriander, cumin, oregano, salt, and black pepper.

Bring to boiling.

Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until very tender.


2. Remove meat from liquid with a slotted spoon; discard cooking liquid.
When cool enough to handle, shred the meat, pulling through it with 2 forks in opposite directions.

Use as a filling for tamales or tacos. Makes 8 servings (about 3 cups cooked meat).


This can also be mixed with bbq sauce to make sandwiches.
The spice makes it just right.