Saturday, December 09, 2006

A change of life...

Yesterday, was a sad day for most of us...

Yesterday, was the last day of work at the plant for many people that have either taken a buy out or had enough time to retire from Ford.

It's sad, because I have worked with some of these people since I was 18 years old. Some, I only knew for 5 to 7 years.

The hardest part about all this, is wondering if you made the right decision. The young ones can start a new career, the old timers have their time in.

I could have left with 29 years of active service and drawn full retirement, but I still have to work somewhere.

I decided to ride out the storm and hope for blue sky, or I'll sink with the ship and be buried in the bone yard of despair.

Whatever happens... it was my choice.

So good luck and good health to all of those that opened a new door in their life...

Say a prayer for those of us that stayed behind, as we try to save a sinking ship...

Life is full of choices...this may be the hardest one of them all.


B.D.

No comments: