Sunday, January 21, 2007

Weekend Report (part II)



This is more in line with what the weather is supposed to be.

That's fine...spring will be here soon enough.

It has been raining fairly hard and steady so far today.


Got my truck worked on yesterday, cost me 600 bucks (ouch!) because I had two bad rear rotors that had to be replaced. But I can't really complain.


She has been a good pony being 6 years old and close to 64,000 miles with no major trouble or repairs. I just changed the original tires and with new brake pads she should be good in that department for awhile. Next trip will be new shocks and new battery and belts. All in all...that's about it.

Below, I posted a fresh salsa recipe. I'll post some more recipes for that big Superbowl party sometime in the next day or two. So stay tuned...

Tomato & Tomatillo Salsa
2 cups diced unpeeled plum tomato
1 cup diced unpeeled green tomatillo
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tbs finely chop jalapeno pepper
1 tbs finely chop fresh cilantro
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp coarsely ground pepper
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil
Combine all ingredients in a bowl mixing well.

No comments: