Saturday, January 06, 2007

Weekend Report



We had our first BBQ team meeting of the year Thursday, and things are off to a good start. As Carey (Mr. Peg Leg) would say, "We have a plan..."

I can't wait.

Memphis in May is a lot of hard work, long hours, think on your feet kind of things, but the things you learn, the people you meet, the friends you make and the smell of the "Q" in the air...makes every tired bone in your body worth it.

You have got to love barbecue.
Once you get that smell in your nose, it gets in your blood, you're hooked.

Someone asked me which one I would rather cook, steak or barbecue. Well that's a no brain-er. I love a good steak, and I fix some beef that could rival any restaurant's steak, but my choice would be the barbecue. Why would I choose to cook something that takes more time to cook than anything else?

(steak 20 mins. - ribs 4 to 6 hrs.)

Once you get that smell in your nose...
It's in your blood...

You're in love...
B.D.

1 comment:

Backyard Chef said...

Oh, yeah, absolutely...It be comes and obsession that will wake you up in the middle of the night to check the fire, make a note about a rub...gotta love the smoke. I actually love the smell of the smoker as I walk by-- when there's nothing cooking, but it smells like there is, kind of....ya know?

Happy new year!