Saturday, June 23, 2007

Weekend Report...

I had to work today, so sorry the report is late.

My good friend and team mate Pat Martin has had some great press and reviews in the Tennessean here lately.

Pat is a master, when it comes to barbecue. He learned "Q" old school all the way by cooking whole hog on an open pit. Now... Pat has passion and I know why.

I too have learned that passion of "Q" being with Carey and the team. Barbecue gets in your blood...it's hard to turn your back on "Q"... But why would you want to?

Yes, it takes hours and hours to cook barbecue, it will wear your butt out tending fire, dusting, mopping, checking and watching temperatures, wrapping, prepping...the list goes on and on.

It's a love, it's a passion, that's what Pat and myself have...

When I started to learn about barbecue...real barbecue....I was hooked, you couldn't run me off a cook. Pat took that one step further. He opened his heart and he opened his place.

Everybody calls Pat, Big Hoss, ( I call him a few other choice names, but I can get away with it)

He took that chance, he went in hock up to his eyeballs, but the man did it...

Here are the two articles on Pat in the Tennessean.

Jim Myers favorite places to eat

Pat Martin BBQ

Pat's a good man with a big heart...

Good job Pat...

I'm glad you made it brother and I'm glad to be a friend...

B.D.

No comments: