Saturday, June 30, 2007

Weekend Report...



We have finally gotten some much need rain around the house. Now... everybody else has been getting plenty of rain... except us.

I know that's why the guy sold this farm to the builders, because it never rained enough around here to grow grass to feed the cows! It's like there's a big umbrella above us deflecting the storms and rains to surrounding counties.

Or...it could be because the great "Buddha of grilling" keeps the rain away so he can smell what's cooking in my backyard. I think he watches to see what I buy when I stop at the store, "Yep, chicken and beer, B.D.'s grilling tonight."

Then he gives the command, "No rain tonight boys!"

Hey...you never know about these things...could very well be happening since I have been grilling a lot here lately.

But anyway...

That's what I'll be doing tonight as well...grilling steaks for the in-laws, about ten steaks. Should I use the Holland or the Weber? Maybe I should check the radar this afternoon, maybe I should......

What do you think "O" Great Buddha of grilling, gas or charcoal ?

No wait...it's just starting to dawn on me...ever since I have been cooking on the Weber, it has not rained, except once, I slipped that one in there at the last minute. I caught the big guy off guard, and it only rained 10 mins.

"Whoa, shut 'er down boys, quick!"

Now, on the other hand...cooking on the Holland, I have gotten washed out of my shorts a few times, so...I think I'll go with the charcoal Weber.

..."No rain tonight boys!"...

Enjoy your day!!!

B.D.

No comments: