Saturday, March 29, 2008

Weekend Report...

I made and sold a gallon of BBQ sauce Thursday to a guy that runs a catering business. So I'm hoping for some good feed back on that little undertaking.



Jeff, my partner in crime and BBQ said, his father-in-law who had worked in the food industry for years and years before retiring, said that was the best sauce and rub he has ever had...If he had had that years ago, he could have sold the hell out of it.

Sorry...it came to me late in life. But just because he is retired doesn't mean we can't work something out and get things rolling.

I have a few irons in the fire and some are starting to bear fruit, so we'll just take our time and see, I'm in no hurry...

I have the original recipes, signed and dated, locked up in a safety deposit box. We have a label in mind for the sauce and I have a small batch private label company I'm looking into here local to produce my rub & sauce under one roof.

So..


The Backyard Chef had this picture posted on his blog.

Man...the things I could do with that.


It would be just...sinful...I tell ya.

Enjoy your day!!!
B.D.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Terry,

You will sell the h#$%! out of the rub and sauce once we get it out there........keep the faith. You are a master glass maker because you decided to be one, and you will do the same on the BBQ circuit for the same reasons.

Hang in there, pal.
Jeff