Sunday, December 27, 2009

Weekend Report...

Yesterday, I did my part to help out the economy. I bought a new 2010 truck.



Yep, sure did...

My Black Stallion has 102,000 miles on her, is 9 years old and was starting to show signs of giving me some trouble.

Now, a few folks wanted that truck, and she is a good truck, but I wasn't about to run the risk of selling her to them and then she comes up lame. So I traded horse and saddle for a new saddle and pony.

I'll pick up the new ride Monday.

Well, Christmas has come and gone...kids are happy, grandkids are happy, everybody is happy. Except for me...I don't like cold weather. I know, it could be a whole lot worse and I'm glad it's not but still...

The wind around here for the past four days has been rip roaring plain old nasty. And yes, I know it's December and fixing to be January but that still does not change the fact...

People ask me, "are you cooking anything?" Ah, noooo...does it look like it?

I would cook some chili...



...but nobody really wants any because it's not done on the grill or the smoker, it's done (heaven forbid, aaahhhhh!!!) on the stove...

So...I'm just hanging back chillin' but I'm really just trying to stay warm and ride out Old Man Winter and his bad temperament. Same old crap every year...

I enjoy the change of the seasons!
I don't...

I like cold weather!
I don't...

I want it to snow 2 ft.
I don't...

Why are you such a grouch?
Because I can...

Enjoy your day!

B.D.

No comments: