Saturday, March 20, 2010

This & That...



I trimmed and seasoned a 7 lb. brisket and some beef short ribs last night for smoking today.

I'm going to fire up the WSM for this task and just let her chug along all day.

Sides will be homemade pinto beans and mashed taters. Should be some fine eatin' at this house. I hope...

I've done beef ribs on the WSM before, but this will be the first brisket attempt on it. I've cooked briskets on the pit but not on R2D2. It won't take 14 hours on the WSM like it does on the pit, I do know that much...

Should be fine.

So, how am I body wise? Depends on what day it is.

I'm better...but I'm not.

If that makes you even more confused, join the club.

My take on it is I have a hairline crack in a rib that has been fractured twice before over the years and that hurt like hell. I have a sore tailbone and both hips are letting me know that they are there.

My spine and entire rib cage is sore. So in other words, the rib is not making me knot up like it was, but everything else is letting me know my age...

The doctors say you just have to tough it out.

It's really uncomfortable to sleep anywhere, the floor, the bed, the couch, sitting up or trying to lay down. My sleep is not straight through the night, it's broken up and that has made me tired and unfocused. I've also noticed my mind is not right sometimes. That bothers me some...maybe because I'm tired.

Besides that, everything is just lovely...


So, Julie wanted a brisket. Today will be perfect weather for it as Sunday will bring rain and cooler air moving back in.

Just like a grown kid...you no sooner than get them out of the house and enjoy some peace and sunshine and they move right back in and clouds and rain reappear.

So goes the weather...

Ah...Mr. Sunshine just peeked around the corner. Time for me to go do my magic...

B.D.

No comments: