Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekend Report...



I nailed on the fence until my shoulder gave out...

What?

Of the many things on my To-Do list, this has top priority. The wood fence enclosing the back yard is five years old and some of the nails holding the slat boards are rusting through...thus making the boards come loose.

So I'm re-nailing the fence. Six nails per board, fourteen boards per section.

Needles to say, that is a lot of nails and hammering. But yesterday was pretty much hammer until you run out of nails. I hammered five pounds of nails and called it a day.

I'm being careful with the rib and I can tell it's there, but things must be done and I just can't lie around. I could use some help, but that won't happen, so I'll just do what I can when I can. Robyn will have ball games starting soon and many other things going on, so it will be a long summer.

Today, I'll fire up the motorized billy goat and cut grass and then try to finish up the back side of the fence. Next week at work is 12 hour shifts again.

Yea...12 hours of glass dust, noise and headaches...for joy for joy.

B.D.

No comments: