Sunday, February 13, 2005

Rib Update

Alrighty then, got the ribs smoked yesterday with the help of my daughter Jennifer and I must say they came out "fine dandy hunky dory". Jennifer sure liked them and Julie did too!

Sorry Vicky, they're all gone.

People are bugging me at work about bringing in some Chili for them. If I make some I'll save you some. Next time the weekend is nice I'll get our Thursday night gang to come over and I'll feed you proper like.


I told my readers last time I did ribs that I would share my rub and sauce recipe. Well here they are. This is what I use and how I mix them.


I don't measure any mix (even though I should for recipes). My thinking is like this, "any good cook shouldn't have to measure". If you screw it up, you'll know better next time.




Rub:
Note: they go in this order of more to less.

Pride of SZEGEND pork rib rub ( Food Lion store)

Konriko Creole seasoning (Publix)

Kroger Barbecue seasoning (Kroger)

Whole Cumin seed (Kroger)

Ground double super fine Mustard powder (Kroger)

I have a metal pepper shaker with a cover top that I mix all this in and apply to the ribs.



Sauce:
Note: same as above more to less

Bull's Eye original (any store)

Maggi Chili Sauce (Publix)

Plochman's Mustard (prepared) (any store)

Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce (any store)

Brer Rabbit all natural unsulphured Molasses (Kroger & Publix)

Mix all into a glass bowl or big mug and heat until warm ( I just toss it in the microwave for 1 min.)


So there you have it. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!


I guess I'll cook inside today, why you ask? I'll give you one guess.
(hint: What it does almost every weekend I'm off)

I got lucky yesterday and had a beautiful day to cook outdoors.

Macdaddy

No comments: