Saturday, February 19, 2005

Weekend Report

I did some grilled pork chops last night with Yellow corn and baby Lima beans and rolls.

The pork chops were cut 1 1/4 thick
Rubbed with my seasoning blend mix (Natures Seasoning with extra Garlic powder and med. grind Black pepper mixed in) and marinated in Lea & Perrins White sauce. (for about an hour)


Grilled for 45 mins. with Pecan wood smoke - Excellent

Beans were cooked with Country Side Bacon for seasoning meat.
I use to use Smoked Hog Jowl for seasoning but have found Country Side Bacon to be the better seasoning meat for beans and such.

I've got some Leg Quarters for dinner tonight.
I don't know if I'll get to grill them or not, depends on the weather,why else? Hint: RAIN!!!
I have never seen so much rain as we have gotten this winter.

If it had been cold enough through all this rain - Tennessee would be buried to its tree tops in snow.
Now I ain't wanting "THAT" to happen - but chill with the rain. (save some for spring and summer there big guy)



I'm going to list some recipe names I ran across
See if these are appetizing enough to eat. Yum, Yum. (I swear I'm not making these up)

Turnip Greens Stew
Taco Soup
Cream of Reuben Soup
Grits and Greens
Cheddar-Chili Cheesecake
Chicken & Brie Quesadillas with Chipotle Sala
Chili Cornbread Salad
Plum Fajitas ( Yuck!)
Grilled Salmon with Nectarine Onion Relish ( hum...)
Shrimp & Grits Eggs Benedict
Grilled Chicken with Lemon Yogurt Coleslaw ( as Julie would say - not in this house )
Balsamic Marinated Olives
Warmed Cranberry Brie ( double Yuck!)
Broccoli Cornbread Muffins

Macdaddy

No comments: