Sunday, May 06, 2007

Weekend Report...

It has never rained as much at this house the whole time we have lived here, as it did Friday night and Saturday. My grass will be 2 feet high before it dries out enough to cut...

The hard freeze we had awhile back, after having days in the 80's, may have killed my Japanese Bloodworth Maple tree, I hope not...these things ain't cheap. It's just a wait and see.

Sweetie, senses something is going on...I think she knows I'm fixing to leave for Memphis. She is following me around like the Secret Service. I can't be out of her field of vision for one nanosecond before she comes looking for me.

Julie said, Sweetie was down in the mouth the whole time I was gone yesterday helping the guys sell barbecue at a Radnor Lake fund raiser.

Good crowd... good young talent playing Blue Grass music, the Park Rangers helping out, it was a good experience in dealing with the public from a paying for food stand point. Anyway...

I got home just a little bit after 11:00pm and Sweetie perked up then. Yes, my ever faithful bodyguard is right beside me, right now, as I type these annals of my adventures for all to read.

Speaking of food and Memphis...which is the week after this upcoming week, we are ready to do our thing.

I have done test runs on the grilled hot wings, tweaked the sauce recipe just a tad and I am highly satisfied with the end results. Now...if I can do this in Memphis...I should win or at least, place in the top five.

The barbecue...we do as a team. The team will help me in anyway they can for the wings, but ultimately...it's up to me.

It's my recipe, my challenge, my job, my place... to stand or stumble...

B.D.

No comments: