Friday, August 24, 2007

Simply Friday...

First off...

I got to see all of my girls again last night at Tusculum Lanes bowling alley.

During this visit...I got drafted to grill for the crew next weekend at Marcia's & Hal's house.

No problem...You know the saying, it's not the equipment, it's the cook. (God help me)

I'm supposed to cook for about 20 folks... again no problem. I do what I do and I'm good at what I do.

That's about how many we have when I cook for the whole family.

But some of these folks might be my toughest critics. They do not know my cooking at all. Only word of mouth has put me in this position.

That's cool...I always like a challenge.


On another note...

I... first off have to say a big "Thank you" to Jeff, my head engineer at work.

Jeff is a math machine.

Jeff, has taken the ball and ran with it.

He has helped me more on this mission of getting the rib rub off the ground than anybody. He has broken everything down, crunched the numbers, done research, done the math, showed me figures and he has even designed a label for me.

So I made Jeff, my Chief Officer, my Chief Research Officer, my Head Logo Designer and my most Trusted Adviser and my body guard.

B.D. what about Carey and Pat?

Carey got to try some of the rub and he gave the thumbs up award. Pat hasn't gotten any yet. ( I don't get to see Pat much)

Carey, has his own rub and sauce, which is very good. Pat has his own stuff as well, which is also good.

I wanted my own stuff. In no way would I compete with Carey or Pat. There is no ego on my part involved here. That is just the way it is in the world of barbecue.

Everybody has a signature something, be it rub or sauce. These guys are just a few steps ahead of me.

I came into barbecue late in life. I'm just trying to better myself and my cooking skills and my recipe making skills.

Do I think I'm better than Carey or Pat?

No way...these guys are years ahead of me when it comes to barbecue, but they would do anything to help me out on this journey. That's what I respect about them.

I'm climbing up that barbecue ladder quick and I would never develop an ego when it comes to cooking, it's all about the food... not ego.

I wasn't raised that way...
I was born to cook...
That's what I do...

B.D.

No comments: