Sunday, August 12, 2007

Weekend Report...



Having to water the tomato plants, almost everyday now... we are about to be overwhelmed with a bumper crop of the red stuff. We've had some good ones so far, but these babies are about to kick into high gear and cash in their bounty and overtake my kitchen counters.

Everything else though, has keeled over or is about too. No rain for us at all, and the oppressive heat won't let up neither. Put it this way...if I'm not grilling...it's hot.

Of course today is only supposed to be 96 (I think) so since I haven't grilled in over a week and a half, I told Julie I would grill her some pork chops.

B.D. you haven't grilled in that long and you're going to grill Julie pork chops instead of chicken?

Yep...it's the other white meat. Besides, I'm doing these on the Char-Broil grill, throw them on...take them off...done.

On another note...

One of Blondie's friends, sent her an email about this site. She said, "I went to MacDaddy's or Bigdaddy's or whose ever daddy's site and love the music, I listen to it now instead of the radio. I'll have to check out some of the recipes."

OK...should I be insulted because, she doesn't know the true name of this site, or she doesn't know my nick name, (which everyone in the family has, including the dog by the way) or should I just re-name this site Who's your daddy?...Not me...

Nah...I'm thrilled folks check us out. My play list has about 73 songs on it. I change them from time to time and I do the same thing, I just minimize the site and let her play while I surf the web or look at other things or do other things.

Me insulted, nah...it started out like this, first, Daddykins then Macdaddy then Bigdaddy then Bigdaddy grouch then back to Bigdaddy and now I'm whose ever daddy.

Blondie, next time tell them who I really am so that they will not be so in tangled in the web of monikers and nick names that this poor lowly white boy has.

I sign off here as B.D. and when the other Bigdaddy of the bbq team is around call me Little Bigdaddy (he makes me look little)

So...I can see why she would be confused, so you can call me anything you want darlin'...just be smiling when you say it...

Enjoy your day!!!
B.D.

No comments: