Saturday, August 04, 2007

Weekend Report...





Today, I have to do some work on the driveway as we are having it and the sidewalk sealed Sunday. My patio has a Grand Canyon size crack running through it. It will have to be replaced next spring. I'm not going to worry about it this year.

I have to have the deck re-done as well, so I'll just do them both next spring.We have not had any rain at all, the yard is shot, the ground is so dry, it is pulling away from the concrete. Anyway...

It has been so hot these last weeks, I haven't cooked much or grilled much. But... I may start working on the sauce this weekend. The rub is a hit, I used it on ribs, Jeff used it on chicken, and another one of the guys is going to try it on catfish. The final test will be on the in-laws, they know my cooking better than anybody, they will be the final judges.

I already know what my vinegar sauce is going to be, I just need to work on a tomato based sauce. I have three basic ways I am going to do this, one will be Ketchup based, one will be tomato puree based, and one will be crushed tomato based.

This will give three different bases in which I will build on, then I will pick the best one. We'll see what happens.

Enjoy your day!!!

And for those of us in Nashville and surrounding counties, drink plenty of water if you're going to be outside a lot today, it is going to be very hot (97) and humid.

B.D.

No comments: