Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Sad Day...




I have found out that Uncle Bruce has passed away.
(Pictured, myself, Uncle Bruce, Carey)

Who is Uncle Bruce B.D.?

Uncle Bruce, is Carey's uncle. He groomed Carey for barbecue. He was a good man, a decent soul, a huge heart, a man of many stories, a good man...

It saddens me to hear this news. I loved Uncle Bruce, he was a man of passion and humor and grace and just down to earth...human.

He was always at Memphis in May to cheer us on. To give advice and just there to be with us. He loved barbecue.

From the first time I shook his hand, he won my heart. He always sat at the back of the booth to watch us work and tell his stories and give his opinion or advice.

He helped me fix my box for the Hot Wings competition and we took 7th place out of 96 entries.

He will be sadly missed...by one and all.

God be with you Uncle Bruce.
Rest your oars sailor, you're home...

B.D.

No comments: