Saturday, November 03, 2007

Weekend Report...



I grilled some leg quarters and breasts last night, I usually don't do breast.

Let me rephrase that...

I usually don't do chicken split breast.

But... I thought it might be a change for me, I marinaded them in Newman's Family Italian dressing for a little over an hour and they were very moist and I hit a good temperature, so they were done just right.

Tonight, I will do some thighs and for Sunday, I have two big slabs of ribs to smoke. I would do them today, but I don't have enough rub made, so I'll make some up today and I'll fix them tomorrow.

I may also try to make the sauce recipe I have floating around in my head, I know what I want...I just haven't done it yet.

(I need to get it done so I'll have it down pat when I start doing the KCBS competitions next year. I have the team name picked out, now I just have to assemble the team I want and get my equipment ordered and here by spring.)

So tomorrow... we will eat ribs, drink beer and watch the big game (Colts & New England)

Can you smell the smoke already?


Enjoy your day!!!
B.D.

No comments: