Sunday, June 01, 2008

Weekend Report...



The girls are gone...

Julie went bowling with Vicky & Tracy, Robyn went with Mish & Granny, so it's just me & Sweetie (my black bear Labrador Retriever)

Didn't do much yesterday, just cut the grass and planted some tomato plants. Good thing too...About 2 o'clock this morning all hell broke loose.

A thunder storm from the very depths of hell parked over our neighborhood and dumped thunder, lighting and rain on us for well over two hours. I haven't seen it that bad in a long, long time.

We have had some rain storms that would wash you out of your shorts, but this one...

The power went out and didn't come back on until 4 o'clock, thunder shook this house many times and lighting...well let's just say that was hitting a little too close for comfort...

You could hear the air crack and expand as lighting whizzed by overhead. That's too close...




I thought about firing up Big Mama and have some Q ready when the girls come back from bowling, but I'll wait for a weekend, that way I get Steve O up here and he can hang out and enjoy the view.

I've talked to Robert of WhiteTrashBBQ and I'm going to send some rub for him to try and give me his feedback on it. If you read WhiteTrash, you know he loves barbecue and being in New York and being buddies with The Hampton Smoker, Q runs in their blood, so I want to get an opinion from Trash (that's what I call him) and hear his two cents on it.

And if he likes it, great.
If not, no harm no foul.

I know from reading his blog, he'll tell me straight up.

Enjoy your day!!!

I've got things to get done before beer thirty gets here...

B.D.

No comments: