Friday, December 12, 2008

Working for the weekend...



Julie was the chef last night.

What? Are you sick B.D.?

No Jethro, I'm not sick...

She just decided to treat me. And she did very well because she knows I have a lot on my mind...and because...I have not cooked in awhile.

But...that will change as I have plenty of time on my hands because...we are on layoff until the first of January. Long story short...I've had a lot on my mind because of work and just haven't felt like cooking.

That has to change.

Cooking is my therapy. Instead of going to a head doctor for consultations, I consult with the wisdom of the Weber grill or seek the loving kindness of my BBQ pit 'Big Mama'.



My cooking has taken a backseat to the weather and the world...I need to step back...take a breath and focus. My tolerance for worldly bullshit...has reached its limit.

I need therapy...



I need to arise from the ashes of anguish and loathing...I need to strip away the burdens of humanity that has built a house of stone on my heart...I need to live and savor the good fortunes of my soul...I need to re-open my eyes and look upon the beauty that God has laid out before me...

I need...I need to...



I need to grill something...

B.D.

No comments: