Sunday, July 05, 2009

Weekend Report...



It was hot yesterday. Even more so when you have your huge pit rolling on, but let's talk about timing...

We time this, we time that, but you can never time Mother Nature and her daughter Rain. Yesterday, I just barely beat daughter Rain...

Ribs, beans and wings came off the pit at 5 o'clock. By 5:30 it was pouring down rain. I timed that just right.

Other times I have not been so lucky...

I've been washed out of my shorts a few times and I have learned to look at NOAA Radar for the most accurate storm updates, http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

Most weather gurus around here said "It might pass through at this time or that time and we just have a hard time predicting these things."

Doesn't look like NOAA has that much trouble. They update all the time...

Our local TV smiley faces depend on a computer model that ain't right half the time.

So I no listen to these people no more...

Talk about timing...

B.D.

No comments: