Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend Report...



Got the grass cut yesterday (and just in time I might add) before it rained again. A passing thunder storm woke me up about 3:30 this morning.

I really can't complain about the rain because we have had some years where it has rained in the spring and not a drop during the summer.

After years of spending money on weed killer and fertilizer to have a very lush yard, it never rained. I stopped doing that two years ago and low and behold, it won't stop raining now...

The yard has reverted back to farmland style grass and clover is taking over everything. Go figure...

When grass has been country grass for so long, no matter what you do to turn it into city grass, it will rebel on you. It will just go poof and dry up and die. I have sown grass seed after grass seed to no avail. So I gave up...

I think he called it quits boys. It's time to party!

And so they did...and country grass has reclaimed its territory and rightful place in my yard. It was a one sided battle that I never had a chance of winning.

But...

I still control the lawn mower.

Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...


B.D.

No comments: