Thursday, June 22, 2006

Chuck Roast...The Movie

Kaliblue left this comment on the Mid-Week Report:

Hubs & I have attempted the Roast on the grill. Problem with it was what you wrote, a bit chewy. If you get the technique down please pass it along. :-)

As I said below, I may pull it off next time at 140 or even 135 temp. and wrap it in foil. It was chewy because of the 155 temp. on the outside edge, this is close to being well done.

I did the roast on my Holland over direct heat as the grill temp. reached 350. I may do it on the Char-Broil next time and cook it on indirect heat at 275 to 300.

Lower temp. for a longer cook, kind of like brisket and see what happens.

The mix was right on the money, I just have to work on the procedure. This is where R & D comes in, (Research & Development)


As many of my readers already know, Julie will only let me experiment on her every so often, so I must pick and choose carefully what I do for R & D.

I may have to do some "sweet talking" to get this worked into the rotation again. She said it was good... but it's not a steak!

(Ok honey, hint taken)

But I will let you know about it and be glad to pass it along...

B.D.

No comments: