Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Mid - Week Report

I did an experiment tonight, I did a Chuck Roast (2 & 1/4 lbs.) on the grill.

Now what I did was put my spice rub on it with some Lea & Perrins and 2 Tbs. of Chili sauce.

Marinated it for an hour, grilled with Pecan chips at 350 for 45 mins.

Temps. of the meat hit 145 & 155, I let it rest for 10 mins. before slicing.

Now this cost Julie a lot of points on Weight Watchers, but she ate it without any bias to humor me, it turned out very good for a first time run. Good flavor and moist and just a tad chewy in spots (because of the 155 I'm guessing)

Next time (if there is a next time) I will pull it off at 140, so that should make it 140 & 150 and maybe wrap it in foil before letting it rest for 10 mins.

The Spice rub, Worcestershire and Chili sauce was right on the mark.

Now if I could only save money on my car insurance...(G)

B.D.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hubs & I have attempted the Roast on the grill. Problem with it was what you wrote, a bit chewy. If you get the technique down please pass it along. :-)