Monday, June 19, 2006

The rain cometh...

I watched the radar most of the day yesterday, and I knew it would get to us eventually... and it did.

About thirty minutes before I finished grilling the chicken. Yep...I about got washed out of my shorts.

Now me and Julie had a talk about this...

"Well honey, I guess I'll do the chicken in the oven."

(Groan...) Julie,"I would rather have them grilled."

"Well so would I, but it's going to rain just any time." (says me)

"Not if you hurry and start now." (says she)

Now you must understand...I am fair game to the weather, my grills are not covered by any roof or overhang. And sure enough, with thirty minutes to go...

The bottom fell out, (lucky me)...Now that was a site to see, me standing in the pouring rain with an umbrella... grilling chicken for my wife.

People going down the road saying, "Who is this nut?"


That nut... my friends...would be me.

B.D.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Now that's love. Standing in the pouring rain grilling chicken. Good man. And thanks for the shout out. :-)