Thursday, October 26, 2006

Rib cook...

I did do some ribs in the smoker last weekend. That was, shall I say, a trip.

When I went outside to fire up the smoker, it was 55 degrees, by the time I put the ribs on, the wind had picked up and the temperature was starting to drop.

Now, I started out in a tee shirt, but as things started to change, I had to put on a pull over sweat shirt, over the tee shirt.

But this was not enough, as the temperature continued to drop and the wind started changing directions faster than you could shake a stick at, it got cold quick. I had a hard time getting the smoker to stay up to temperature.

But being the great pit master that I have become, I pulled it out and saved the cook.

A few beers and some thermal underwear did the trick. By the end of the cook, it was 38 degrees.

I hate cold weather...

B.D.

No comments: