Thursday, April 24, 2008

Simply Thursday...



I had to cut the yard when I got home from work, so Julie took over the kitchen tonight and fixed a Pork Chop Potato Bake Casserole.

Not a best effort...

Not because she screwed anything up, she followed the recipe, but the recipe could use some tweaks. That's the thing about it...everybody has a recipe. You have to learn how to read one and see if it will work.

Now...by no fault on her part, she did what it said to do and it looked good even to me...but it needs work.

It is a workable recipe and should be put back in the rotation for another try. But Julie gets a little bent, when things she tries don't come out well. She thinks it disappoints me because it's not up to the caliber of my cooking.

She is a good cook and she's not afraid to try something, but if it doesn't work the first time, she writes it off...

If I did that...

I would still be eating peanut butter & jelly sandwiches for dinner...

Keep the faith babe and never give up...(on a recipe, that is...)

B.D.

No comments: