Thursday, January 21, 2010

Simply Thursday...

Just a quick update...

The grilled tenderloin was awesome for Robyn's B-day. My son and his wife came over Monday for smoked chicken thighs and wings and they turned out awesome as well.

I really like this new WSM smoker. R2D2 really cooks well and it was money well spent.

Bruce wants one, so I'm going to buy him one. He really doesn't have the money to buy one, but he wants to be like his old dad and cook some things.

This makes me proud that he wants to do this because we have not been on the best of terms since I divorced his mother years ago.

I was the bad guy...

But he has since learned why...and now...I'm not the bad guy anymore...I'm the dad once again.

Divorce is never a pretty thing and feelings get hurt. Kids don't understand...

There was her side...my side...and the truth. But I never gave up...

It hurt me for so many years that my son blamed me. Now he understands and our renewed relationship is a good thing. I don't like drama...

I also never liked a broken heart. But I put it behind me and moved on...

My son followed in his own time, and now the future is bright. He asks me about cooking and I said, ask me and I will teach you everything I know...

The world is right once again...

B.D.

1 comment:

WhiteTrashBBQ said...

that's great. It sucks being estranged from your father