Saturday, January 09, 2010

This & That...

I know I haven't posted anything all week.

I haven't felt very well all week because of the cold, and now low and behold, I have a head and chest cold.

Great...

Hopefully, this will be short lived as I don't need to be sick right now in this extreme cold that we are having.

Now, it ain't nothing like the Mid-West and up North with wind chill a bone numbing -50 below (that should be against the law) but we have had some wind chills in the low -5's and more ice than snow.

Ice around here in Tennessee because of the hills, back roads, and valleys is like trying to drive on frozen Popsicles. You're going to hit something, somewhere, sometime, somehow, or somebody is going to hit you.

When I drive in conditions like this, I am not in one bit of a hurry...I'll get there when I get there.

When the weather guru calls for 1 to 2 inches of snow, everybody makes a beeline to the store for milk, bread, and gas, acting like uncouth heathens with no upbringing.

Chill out people...It's too damn cold for me to be putting up with your lack of upbringing.

It's when they call for flurries that you make a mad rush to the store. Why?

I've lived here all my life...1 to 2 inches of snow forecast when it's this cold...zip...more like sleet.

Forecast for flurries when it's 32 or 33...knee deep my friend.

Even people in Florida are walking around in wool socks.

Come on Spring...

B.D.

1 comment:

WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Feel better my friend.

When I was 11, my piano teacher's husband gave me the best cure for the common cold I ever experienced. He made me a 7 and 7. Worked like a charm.

Still does.